Friday, January 25, 2008

Two new additions to Background Noise Sketchbook

I have added two new backgrounds to my sketchbook . . .

The first is Torn and Painted Papers - and I found this in the Somerset Studios Nov/Dec 2007 edition. On the left side of the page - you can see that I divided the page. The left side is the papers after being adhered, prior to painting. The right side of the page is after I have painted with 2 colors of Golden's Glazes.



The second background is one of my favorites . . . Embossed Paper Scraps.
Lots of fun, supplies that most everyone has on hand, relatively quick and easy!!
What more could we ask for:



Clicking on either picture will enlarge it so that you can read the directions.

8 comments:

Fiona said...

They look great - this is going to be a fantastic reference for you soon.
Fiona

Carol said...

What fantastic things to do with scraps of paper. I'm sure we all have "some" of those. ROTFL Thanks for sharing these techniques and your journal with all of us.

Trish Bee said...

Drop dead gorgeous!

Unknown said...

How cool are these pages, now I know what to do with all my paper scraps - love the way you shared this xxx thanks !!!

Hope said...

Beautiful work on both! I am so happy that Trish has begun this background challenge- I love backgrounds but just never really knew where to start. Now I'm getting inspiration from so many talented gals!
I have a lot of scraps and some free time today- along with your directions it sounds like a recipe for a creative day!

Thanks for sharing!
Hope

Anonymous said...

Found the directions for the torn paper last night - it's on my "to do" list - great way to get rid of scraps!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great and easy techniques - I suppose. I have them on my To-Do-List. Thanks for sharing!

Kim Rae Nugent said...

Hi Sweetpea,
I have been blog hopping the sites on the link section of my retreat. I have been thinking I should do something artistic. Just couldn't decide what. I had seen the article in Somerset Studio. Thank you for the reminder. I probably can blog hop and make this project at the same time. I am slowed down by a land line - Living in the Country. Your blog is wonderful, I will have to visit it more often.
Thank you!
Kim Rae Nugent