Monday, January 21, 2008

Mosaic Play Day

Chrissy, Maggi and I had our Polymer Clay Play Day today - making Mosaics ala Laurie Mika! We had a BLAST!
Below is the progress of our day :)
Here is the table set for our first project . . . . making mosaic tiles out of original Sculpey. Now I just had to wait for the gals to arrive!


Phew . . . they finally made it. Here are Chrissy and Maggi hard at work!

Here are our clay pieces after baking:
Here are Maggi's pieces after painting:

Here are Chrissy's after painting:
Here are mine - after they were partially painted:

Next up was the colored clay . . . . here are my pieces, after Pearl Ex, before baking:

Here are Maggi's after the Pearl Ex:

Here are our pieces after baking:
We learned a lot from this one play day . . . what works, what doesn't, what we liked
and what we didn't like so much . . . LOL!
All in all . . . . A FANTASTIC PLAY DAY!! Even with the snow storm that decided to hit us!!

5 comments:

Trish Bee said...

Gorgeous! Now send them ALLLL to MEEE!

Fiona said...

Wow, they are all gorgeous - wish I could have been at your play day.
Fiona

Rosie said...

Awesome Pea!! That has convinced me that if I buy anything this year, Pearlex will have to be on my list - those pieces look absolutely gorgeous!! :D *claps & bows*

Rena Sawatski said...

Gorgeous! Looks like you gals had a great play day. I especially like your Arch piece, and can just imagine it on an altered book.

Priscilla Hill said...

What a BEAUTIFUL set of mosaic pieces! I was so inspired I ordered the book from Amazon. I MUST get rid of that one click buying... I am looking forward to seeing what you create with them!