Sunday, January 6, 2008

Background Noise

I have started another journal, titled Background noise, at the direction of Trish Bee of Next Generation Stampers. We will be showcasing our background creations, complete with instructions.

I have come up with a "Pea Rating Guide" for each of the backgrounds that I create. My personal rating scale will be comprised of how easily the background can be made, on whether or not I have all of the necessary materials already in my house, on the "noise" factor . . . . can I create said background while my family is still in bed, and last, but certainly not least, do I LOVE what I have created :)

To start off our book, Trish choose Shining Stones . . . . and I can tell you that the Pea Rate is a PERFECT 10!!
I LOVE IT . . . . AND, I didn't burn down the house while creating it!!

Here is the cover of my sketchbook . . . I will be cutting a one inch square from each background that I create and adding it to the cover as I go.



Here are the journal pages for the first background we all created . . . . Shining Stones

Here is the backside of the last page and inside of the back cover.

Here are some larger examples of the backgrounds. I will be using one of them to create a swap on CCSwaps, where we have to use this background





3 comments:

Adrienne Wood said...

Absolutely gorgeous - mine are nice but I think I was a bit stingy with the gold LOL - and yours are stunning!

Carol said...

Great journaling, love how you've organized it. Your shining stones backgrounds are luscious!!! The rating system is so You Queen Pea!

Trish Bee said...

STUNING! Can we SWAP journals??