Monday, June 25, 2007

Fabric Book

I hosted a fabric page swap on CCSwaps and I just finished creating and binding the book.
I used latch hook material to create the binding with assorted fabric scraps and fibers. While it was
a bit more labor intensive than I originally thought it would be, I am very happy with the results.
12 members participated in this swap by creating 5 x 5 fabric pages. All pages were sent to me for
sorting and I returned the sets to each member for us to bind ourselves. I can't wait to see how others
bind their books! I created my own front cover for this book - as the page I created for the group is a
back cover - with the thought that everyone could use their own page for the front cover.
My front cover:
view from open edge:
top view:
view of binding:
my back cover:

4 comments:

Adrienne Wood said...

It looks beautiful, Pea. Am I guessing that, in effect, you have made a 'rag rug' to be the spine of the book?

Fiona said...

That's gorgeous Pea, what a good idea for a binding.
Fiona

SweetPea said...

Exactly Adrienne! I used scrap fabrics as well as some coordinating fibers. I sent everyone a piece of the "material" if they want to try it :)

Heather said...

Wonderful! Just love the colours and the originality.

Heather