Sunday, June 10, 2007

Altered Board Books - Chrissy's & Maggi's

A group of us are in an Altered Board Book Round Robin. We all started with the same board book - and are sending it around, based on the owner's theme.

I have worked on two so far, shown below . . . and currently have three in my possession, but I am not late yet, they were just early :)



Above is the background I created for Chrissy's book. This started out as white mulberry paper, I resist stamped some images and then sprayed on Stamp Zia color wash sprays. I was very happy with how it turned out . . . . so happy that I hated to cover it up . . . LOL! Chrissy's theme is Friendship . . .



These are pictures from when we were in California - and I just had to include them . . . .
I love the footprint picture - and I included the following saying:
"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart".
Could it possibly be more appropriate?



For Maggi's background - I used color wash sprays on 2-ply paper towel, separated and attached to her book. Maggi's theme is Journey - and I choose to interpret that as a spiritual journey through art.





I will update more of the board books as I work in them.

No comments: