Saturday, June 2, 2007

ART and SOUL 2007, Virginia - DAY SIX, Monday, May 7

Our last day of classes has arrived, and it definitely brings a bitter-sweet feeling! On one hand, I am VERY excited for my Misty Mawn class today, but I am also missing my family - and am also excited to head home tomorrw and see them!

We were pretty organized today and headed out for our classes! I have "Layers on Canvas" with Misty Mawn and Maggi has a diary/journal class today.

Today's class ROCKED! Misty is a delightful, sweet and very talented lady! She had us feeling relaxed and welcome in no time! I was sitting with gal pal, Toni and Doris Arndt and we had a blast helping each other, laughing and sharing supplies! Kathy W. and Leighanna Light were also in this class and that was totally cool! Taking a class with instructors . . . . how fun!

The first thing Misty had us do was to cover our canvas boards with gesso. Then we were practically throwing paint on them :) I have never done much with my fingers and hands with paint - but I really got into this . . . . She next showed us how to add texture, and add and remove color. We all pretty much stopped when we liked the result. I didn't finish my projects there - but found some time when I got home to finish them up . . . . I may still add some more, but for now I am calling them done! (Mostly because I wanted to get my blog up to date . . . . LOL!)












Maggi's class went very well and she came back with a completed diary/journal! We decided to organize and pack up as much as we could, and then went downstairs to print out our boarding passes to get home. We spent a couple of hours with Margaret and Melissa at happy hour and then back to our room, ordered in some dinner, watched TV and went lights out about 12:30 am.

2 comments:

Trish Bee said...

Well Im FLOORED! These canvases are STUNNING! I love them both. The colours are just so yummy and gorgeous and I want them!!!

SweetPea said...

Thanks Trish - it was SO much fun!