Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Trish's 4th Challenge in our Art Quest Sketchbook - Stencils!

Well - this was a twist for me . . . . . . I have only made stencils once before - and that was years ago when I couldn't find exactly what I wanted for our kitchen walls! But that stencil was much larger and easier to cut out :) I went with a southwest theme for the challenge of making my own stencil. I made a clay pot, a lizard, and a border. What you can't see is that the background of this page has stamped southwestern images all over it. I wanted it subtle . . . . but I guess my camera can't pick it up!!

Here are the stencils I made - with a transparency sheet. I left the paint on so you could see it . . . LOL.


Here is my sketchbook page:

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Great stencils - love the lizard. You have even done your sketchbook page! I haven't got any of my pages done yet lol
Fiona

Rena Sawatski said...

wow Pea, you did a great job on the stencils. I have not even thought about what to do with that challenge.

Trish Bee said...

Woooo Hoo! These are fantabalous! I love the lizards! Well done you clever Pea!