Saturday, February 16, 2008

Background Noise #9 - Distressed Scraps

In our on going challenges by Trish we come to another Background Noise challenge . . . . Distressed Scraps. I have shown my background in progress and then my sketchbook page using them. Clicking on the pictures will give you a larger image and you should be able to read the instructions.

This is what my pages looked liked after applying various scraps to the white card stock:



After applying some watered down gesso with a sponge brush:



The 2 pieces of card stock were then both cut in half and colored. The piece below was colored with Iris water color spray by Stamp Zia:



The next one was colored with Cherry color wash spray by Stamp Zia:



This one was colored with Denim Adirondack Ink applied with a sponge brush:



And the final one was colored with Caramel Adirondack ink and a sponge brush. After applying color to all four, I then took a damp paper towel and rubbed off color in areas for a more distressed look:



Here is the page I created in my Background Noise sketchbook. I used stickers for the title, stamped on the others with black stazon ink and even created a small paper weaving with some of the pieces:

3 comments:

Susie said...

Great stuff Pea! I'm amazed at the difference color makes in these.

Susie

Rosie said...

Pea these are great!! I can't wait to get some gesso and add colour to my scraps!! I love your journal - the inchies are a brilliant idea!

Trish Bee said...

BRAVO! I love your journal pages too - gorgeous backgrounds.