Saturday, February 16, 2008

Another Background Noise #10 Acrylic Paint Marbling

I created these backgrounds last weekend, but only now got around to scanning them and creating another page in my sketchbook. Very fast and very easy, my kind of background!! The paper I used was from the sampler book from Marco's . . . .LOL! Had I known how much I would like them - I would have used larger pieces. One word of caution . . . . I would try this out on scrap pieces of card stock once you have choosen your colors. I used a beautiful purple acrylic paint - and it turned out gray on all of the pages!! YUK!
Here are my pages in my Background Noise sketchbook:
And here is an updated scan of my cover. I am scanning it every time I have another row of inchies added. As you can see, this is my 10th background in this journal :)

7 comments:

chrissy said...

VERY COOL!!!!!!! I'll have to try it myself. I really do like the marble look.
Chrissy

charlie said...

they came out pretty neato!

What kind of disposable tray did you use? I haven't figured out what to use for that yet :-(

I love that fish, too. Did you draw that yourself?

-Angela in Oregon
funkycatstudio.com

Trish Bee said...

BRRRRILLLIANT! These are fanflippingtastic! I love em :)

Unknown said...

Amazing book you are creating Pea, it is awesome seeing it come together.
Can I just ask where you are getting all the lessons from? I can't find them anywhere...HELP!!!!

Kristy C said...

these are all really kewl, Pea!

denise's little birdie studio said...

These are great. I really like the blue and yellows backrounds.

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

I'll need to give this a try--it's a great look!