Saturday, February 2, 2008

New addition to Art Quest Sketchbook

I have added a personal addition to my Art Quest sketchbook. This is an old favorite of mine.
I learned this at a convention at the Stamper's Anonymous booth. Images are stamped with Black Stazon
or Black India Ink on white glossy. After it has dried, many colors of stazon inks are stamped on top. I took this a step farther to make a mosaic page :)
First, I painted two pages in my Art Quest book, then added texture with a stencil and molding paste. Set aside to dry.



Next I gathered together some stamps I thought would work well for this technique, keeping in mind that the larger ones will be cut up into smaller pieces. I stamped these images in Black India Ink on three pieces of White Glossy card stock.
I then got out my sponges and my stazon inks and started sponging on color over the entire sheet.
The next step is a bit time consuming, but I do it at night while watching TV (last night was "House"). I cut up all three sheets into little pieces.
Then I used 4 pieces of black card stock and adhered EVERY small piece to the black card stock - leaving margines on all sides.
If you guessed some more cutting coming up, you are correct!!! Cut out EVERY shape leaving a very narrow edge of black on all 4 sides.
Next I layed these out on the pages . . . . and kept changing it until I liked the pattern. When I was finished - it still didn't look quite right (look at right hand page). So I got out my white poster paint marker and started making dots around the "mosaic" squares. This just seemed to pop it a bit - and make it look "together" if that makes any sense.
The white molding paste was just a bit "in your face" so I sponged some of the blue and gray paint on top - and I like it much better. Below are my finished pages . . . . . and I have lots of pieces left over to make some cards :)

6 comments:

Fiona said...

Gorgeous - one of my favourite techniques too.

Trish Bee said...

Wooooooooo! Send it to MEEEEE!

chrissy said...

Another fantastic page in your book Pea!!!! I still need to practice with that technique. Last time I tried it didn't work very well.

Susie said...

This is fabulous Pea! You were incredibly productive today too!

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

I remember what fun this technique is. You did a great job--love these colors!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite techniques - just came across some scraps of it the other day and set aside to play with.