Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Wooden Box Shrines

One of my favorite activities is making shrines. I enjoy making them out of wood boxes, tins, books, etc.



I made the shrine above in a swap for Maggi. The background is painted with acrylic paints and then stamped on top with Stazon Ink. I even made the checkerboard piece! The arms and legs are from beads I made out of paper a few years back.



The inside is a combination of anything I had around the house that I thought would work in there and lots of game pieces.

This one was made for Marian - whose house is full of antiques and I was hoping it would match her decor.
Marian's nickname is Teapot - hence the little teapot right on top :)



The inside has pearls, hand mirror, old perfume bottle, small cameos and some old doiles. The scrabble words down the side spell "Beauty".




I had tons of fun with this one made for Helen. My boys were trying to convince me to keep it . . . LOL!
Again - the entire box is hand painted with acrylic paints - and then I used as many game pieces as I could fine. Chess pieces, monopoly pieces, scrabble tiles, you name it.




The inside has even more game pieces - I loved all the bright colors.



1 comment:

Fiona said...

I love these book shrines. I'm not surprised you didn't want to part with them lol. Also loved your boxes in the last entry too