Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ART and SOUL 2007, Virginia - DAY THREE, Friday, May 4

Slept in until 4:30 am today - yippee! We got our supplies gathered together, went down for breakfast and headed over to the Convention Center where we both were taking Traci Bautista's Fusion Macrame Journal.
This was a great, fast-paced class! I was glad that I had taken the class last night as that gave me a head start. We used the same techniques as last night - creating on paper towels, newsprint, some heavier paper and also file folders. We could make the journals any size we wanted, each containing 5 signatures. The only part that was new to me at this point was each signature had a "cover", the file folders. I used my large collage from the day before for my front and back signatures - as that made the front and back cover for the entire journal. We then made a template for the binding with an awl - and started sewing them together. We used waxed linen thread making a button hole stitch, and added some beads. First time I have used this method, and being used to coptic bindings, this was much quicker and I really like how it looks!

Cover of Fusion Macrame Journal


some of the pages and a signature cover made out of a file folder.


More inside pages.

some more

Back cover.

Maggi, Traci and Pea, taken at Vendor Night (because I forgot in class!)

Class ended about 4:30, we dumped our stuff in the room, and headed down to happy hour! We had a great time with Margaret, Melissa, Toni from NC and others. I decided the room needed a wee bit of cleaning up . . . . .
Pea cleaning
Still at it . . . .

Margaret, Melissa, Pea and Maggi
Eventually headed back to our room, watched some TV and hit the hay!

1 comment:

Trish Bee said...

Only YOU would be cleaning up at Art&Soul!! Trust you!! Gorgeous journal by the way! Beautiful colours. (your new stalker fan)