Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Book Shrines

These were actually made for a swap. The first time I had ever completely altered a book. Once I was finished with the first one, I couldn't give it away. So then I made a second one . . . . and couldn't give that one away either. Needless to say, I didn't even try a number 3 . . . . ROFL



I painted the outside of this book with Lumiere's paint, sponged on additional colors and added some stamping with black stazon ink. I also painted and stamped on a large puzzle piece and added some embellishments.


I cut out a niche and covered it with Basic Grey papers (gotta love those papers!!) Added more stamping and embellishments and declared it finished! Sometimes I know when to stop and sometimes I don't .


Book Number two . . . . . "Take Time . . . . . " I actually made this canvas first - and then decided it would be perfect on the cover of a book. Painted the book with acrylic paints to match the canvas and started adding elements.

Cut out another big niche in the center and filled it up with everything I would like to take time for . . . The three laughing ladies are myself, Teapot and Maggi from a few years back.


Then I surprised myself by deciding to try two more niches on the side. I made these just the right size for two small altoid tins. I added magnets inside and on the tins themself to hold them in.
All in all I was happy with how it turned out. The inside of this book was also covered in Basic Grey paper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Ive never seen these pages before! You've kept them a secret from me! They are flipping gorgeous and no wonder you didnt want to give it away! Im like that with my canvases too! A regular art hog!