Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Fiona's Tin

Fiona sent out some tins she had multiples of, with the hopes of getting some ideas on how to alter them. I was one of the lucky recipients and below is what I created. I will be returning this tin to her as a gift :)

I had this wonder copper embellishment that was crying out to be used . . . . but in order to do so, I needed a hole in the cover of the tin. I gave it my best effort with an exacto knife, but soon realized I would still be working on it NEXT December. I asked Craig to do what he could - and he was able to create the perfect hole for me. I then covered the top, bottom, and sides with alcohol inks and my copper Krylon pen. Next I added the copper embellishment:





Below is the "port hole" opened:



I cut two pieces of card stock to fit the inside, stamped on them and glued them down. Added a couple of embellishments on the left side. The right side has a stamped acrylic piece mounted on some great background paper I received in the backgroun swap! Added a swirl and the copper piece on the bottom reads "expect miracles"



I hope you like it Fiona! It was lots of fun to create!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Absolutely fantastic!!! Love all of it. So clever with the medallion. You are so creative. So glad you're finding some time to play.

Adrienne Wood said...

Gorgeous!!!

Sam said...

SO clever! The porthole is just inspired!

Zeborah Loray said...

Where did you get the porthole thingy?
That is great. Love this piece. Makes me want to play with tins again. :)

Fiona said...

Wheeeeheeee. I'm so lucky that this is coming to me so I get to see it in real life and treasure it. Thanks Pea - it's gorgeous
Fiona

Rosie said...

Oh wow!! That embellishment is perfect for the tin - great job... lucky Fiona!