Saturday, December 15, 2007

12 Days of Christmas Swap - UPDATED 12/26/07

I hosted a 12 Days of Christmas Swap and had a fantastic turn-out. I had enough sign-ups to have 4 groups of 13 members each. Everyone received 12 different gifts back per group. So that means that during the month of November, I received MANY boxes containing a total of 624 gifts at my house!!!

Below are some photos of Santa Pea (me!), and my faithful Elves . . . . Chrissy and Maggi, swapping out these gifts! I will scan photos of the gifts I made at a later date!

Photo of the many boxes that I was stashing in my basement:


Organization Station: mailing labels, packing tape, Christmas cards, gift for outside of mailing box, as well as my master list of who was in each group:

Elf Maggi is pushing up her sleeves, getting ready to tackle the project. Elf Chrissy is looking at the master list, saying "You've GOT to be kidding" . . . . . ROFL!

The Elves are working on a plan of attack!

WooHoo - we have started organizing the first group!!!

And now Group 1 is done, except for the packing into mailing boxes!

Santa Pea is hard at work taping boxes, adding labels, and the special gift to each box!

Here are just SOME of the boxes ready to hit the Post Office:

Here is the gift I made for an embellishment on the outside of the mailing boxes. It can be seen in the photo above. I encased it in clear plastic and attached with packing tape :



Here are all the finished boxes!! Santa Pea insisted on creating a tree with them - even added a Santa tree topper! This picture would not be complete without our faithful side-kick, Deuce, the brown-nosed Retriever!


And here are the workers - Santa Pea, Elf Chrissy (sitting), and Elf Maggi:

And here is a GREAT after shot! We enjoyed some lunch, a birthday celebration for Maggi's November birthday, and Chrissy's St. Nick birthday - and then some chocolate and WINE (Beringer, of course!!!)

1st of the 4 different sets of gifts I made:

2nd set of gifts I made (closed):

(open):

3rd set of gifts I made:

Altered two drawer box (perfect size for ATC's)

1 comment:

Jo Anne O. said...

My oh my...I read about this swap on the group and wanted to join in but I really didn't have the time to make all those gifts! What a wonderful time you must have had looking at things as they arrived!! You and your elves must have worked very hard to get this organized!!! Kudos to you!