Saturday, July 7, 2007

My First Commissioned Art

I received a phone call two weeks ago, asking me if I would create an altered canvas for the mother of our son's principal. She has a girlfriend who was turning 60 on the 4th of July. They are having a party for her in two weeks and she wanted a canvas created like the one I created for her daughter. She even wanted it to be a modified exemplar - all of her friends figured out words for each letter of the alphabet that reminded them of the birthday girl. She also asked that I place the names of all of their friends on the side of the canvas :)

I was sent a photo of the birthday girl - as well as a close-up of her dog's face, and told that her favorite past-time is golf. With that ammunition in hand, below is what I created. I googled for Bernese Mountain Dogs - so I would know what the rest of the body looked like. This is the first dog I have EVER painted - and other than
the eyes, I am pleased with how he came out :)









No comments: