Saturday, July 7, 2007

Helen's Altered Board Book

I received Helen's Board Book from Chrissy last week. Helen's theme is "Garden". Because of my "name", the one side was a no-brainer :) I received this gorgeous stamp from TeaPot a few years ago. I created an alcohol ink background and embossed the stamp with some GORGEOUS "stuff" I was given awhile back. It is called Pipe Dream Ink "Rosevears" It is very crystal-like (not fine at all) and sparkly! To be honest, I didn't even know if it would melt or not . . . . LOL! But there is only one way to find out! I added green embossing powder to the leaves and black on the words - and then this "stuff". BOY IS IT COOL! It is raised higher than the other embossing - and WAY SHINY AND SPARKLY! I love it! Might have to find some more.

On the other half of the page, I created a seed packet and made a shrink plastic garden doll. I was happy that it shrunk relatively uniform!


As I was the last one to work in Helen's book - I have now sent it on it's journey home to Helen. She will be the first one in our group to receive her finished book back.

No comments: