Thursday, September 13, 2007

Art Quest Challenge

Trish is challenging us again! I needed to make another sketchbook - and to do this I cut 140 lb watercolor paper into 7" X 9" pages and punched them in my rubicoil binder.
That done, I was ready to begin with the first challenge -
the 3 Step Challenge!!
We had to use something to create "texture" - then a "binder" to adhere it to our pages, and lastly "color". Below is what I create to this point. I used cheese cloth (1 thickness) to create my texture. My binder was Elmer's Glue. I used water color sprays by Stamp Zia for my color.



I went through my vast supply of images to see what I wanted to do on these pages - and here is the start. I cut out the woman image and a bunch of koi, along with the saying and adhered to the pages. I then sprayed them with Gold Webbing Spray - and I must say that made a huge difference. It took the pages from having very sharp and definite contrast - to something that is much more "together". When I finish these completely, I will upload the final scan.

1 comment:

Trish Bee said...

Wow Im loving this! It looks so ethereal (have I spelt that right!?) Gorgeous texture and colour and images! Yum!