Saturday, January 12, 2008

New addition to Art Quest - Faux Chipboard

I am finally caught up in my Art Quest Sketchbook! The latest challenge was Faux Chipboard - using Fun Foam. I didn't have any of the fun foam stickers, but I did have one sheet of black fun foam. I decided it would be best to keep it simple - and cut out the easiest shapes possible, hearts and diamonds!! Although I did challenge myself by cutting out the word "L O V E". The fun foam shapes were adhered to the page using E-6000. The background and the fun foam shapes were all painted with gesso and then acrylic paint. I then stamped over the fun foam shapes with a diamond stamp, a lace stamp, and a Love background stamp. I then adhered an image on top of the large heart and added some background stencils and a "Friend" stamp. With Valentine's right around the corner, I thought this was most appropriate :)

2 comments:

Carol said...

This turned out great. I love the colors and the image & saying you choose.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fabulous job. I finally bought foam yesterday. Since Valentines Day is almost here I picked up a pkg of hearts. Don't you find it frustrating that there aren't other cool shapes in fun foam. I guess there is if one is into dinosaurs -- LOL.