Thursday, May 10, 2007

ART and SOUL 2007, Virginia - doo-dad house

Art and Soul 2007 Virginia is over! What a FANTASTIC time we all had! Maggi and I went together and met many new and old friends! It may take a bit for me to get this all in, but I have to start somewhere! This year's theme is "At Home with Art and Soul". We were sent a papier mache house in our packets to alter as we choose. Below I have shown the steps that took mine from a plain doodad to a shrine doodad :) I had a lot of fun with this!





Above is the house I received in my packet.



Using an exacto knife, I sliced the entire house in half.



Next I put on a couple of coats of acrylic paints and painted the checkerboard pattern on the chimney.



Because it was too hard to try to paint the actual floor, I created the pattern on plain white copy paper with a sharpie and attached that paper to the floor.




Side views.



I added some rickrack on the roof line, used some waste paper to create the dots and decorated some dominoes for interest . . . . along with the man I put on the chimney, just because I like him :)



other side



closeup



other side closeup



Added some metal words to the sides.



I have the Art and Soul rubber stamp - so used that over alcohol inks on glossy card stock
along with a moon face charm up on top.




Used the same technique on this side with a feather carm on top to match the logo.



used more of the alcohol ink backgrounds with some other stamps and added a clasp for the front.



the back received more of the same, along with two hinges for stability.




The inside is a hodge podge of "stuff". I used alphabet letters along the top to spell out "Home is where I hang my ART". Various bits include charms, clay faces and torsos that I used alcohol ink on, a photo slide picture, word beads spelling out Live, Love, Laugh - along with a word charm "Sweet" on top of a scrabble letter "P", also dice, a shoe, a ceramic frog, domino, beads in a bottle, a small metal car with a mardi gra face on it, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wooooh! I found a new entry! Drop dead gorgeous! I just LOVE all the little bits and doodads inside your house! Brilliant stuff!